This is post is really just an outline for a future article on a variety of online tools that are available for working and communicating more efficiently with virtual teams, also known as distributed teams.
- Basecamp : project management swiss army knife
- Google Drive : real time collaboration on docs, the alternative to Microsoft Office
- Skype : free video calls
- Join.Me : share your screen, share files, monitor team progress.
- Dropbox : file sharing, version control, data backup in the cloud.
- iDoneThis : to track team progress
Sometimes there is feature cross over between tools, so a matrix might better illustrate the variety of features available.
Categories of Online Virtual Team Tools
- Collaboration Tools
- Project Management Tools
- Document Storage & File Sharing Tools
- Google Drive
- Online Meeting Tools
- Video Conferencing Tools
- Instant Messaging & Chat
- Real Time Document Collaboration Tools
- Social Networking Tools
- Scheduling Tools
- Virtual Phone Systems
- Ring Central
- Time Tracking